In the 1860’s, the original Glenshaw Presbyterians worshiped at a sickle factory
owned by the Shaw family.
In April 1885, Glenshaw Church was established with 35 charter members. In the spring of 1887, it was decided that a new building was needed. On June 17, 1887, the original church building, constructed at a cost of $12,000, was dedicated.
Glenshaw Valley Presbyterian Church about 1910
In the late 1920's, the church was considered outmoded and a new church was built up on the hill, which is now Glenshaw Presbyterian Church.
In 1928, the church closed it's doors. While the church was closed, a portion of the congregation
re-organized and purchased the property. After extensive
renovation, the church was reopened and Glenshaw Valley Presbyterian Church was established.
The church property has seen a number
of changes, additions and improvements, the most recent between 2005 and 2006,
which included sanctuary air conditioning, a sanctuary computer projection system, high efficiency lighting and exterior vinyl siding.
Glenshaw Valley Presbyterian
Church is registered as a Pittsburgh Historic Landmark.
Come enjoy our historic beautiful stained glass windows!